Like Steam, Microsoft has launched self-service refunds for selected Insider Members on the Xbox and Windows 10 platforms. The service can be expected to be released to the general user base eventually.
The conditions for requesting a self-service refund are as follows:
- Games and apps are eligible for self-service refunds within 14 days of purchase if you have less than 2 hours of play time across all accounts.
- DLC, season passes, and add-ons are not eligible for self-service refunds.
- The game or app must be downloaded and launched before requesting a self-service refund.
- You must wait for at least 1 day after the game or app’s release before requesting a self-service refund.
- Certain Windows 10 apps may not be eligible for self-service refunds.
- Microsoft reserves the right to block access for users who abuse self-service refunds.
The self-service refunds will be available by signing into your Microsoft account, where you’ll be able to search your order history for a product. From there you’ll be able to request a refund.
If you have any comments, leave them below.